The operational objectives of the Institute are :
1. To act as a Manager for Instructor’s training network of ITIs across the country in India with World Bank Assistance in assessing the training needs of ITI instructors & provide training support in vocational education & Supervisory development.
2. To act as a centre for offering high quality training programs for the Instructors of ITIs to equip themselves in the demand driven vocational education as per the new curriculum introduced under CTS & CoE schemes.
3. To provide innovative trining in the fields of technical & Vocational education by identifying new age processes & practices of teching & learning environment.
4. To focus on training & development of Instructional Materials in emerging technologies such as, Green technology, Mechatronics, CNC & communication Technology.
5. To provide technical support services to DGE&T, Under Ministry of Labour & Employment of Govt Of India in its activities for Vocational Training Improvement Project.
6. To utilise the capacity of Institute to train the Trainers, Engineers, Supervisors, technicians & Workmen from the Industries.